What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when I return to surf this page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been in use for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, or spam, or spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information stores a cookie?
The cookies not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies exist?
- Cookies techniques: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know is when browsing a human or an automated application, when browsing an anonymous user and one registered, basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies Analysis: Collect information on the type of navigation is performing, the sections most used, consulted products, time period of use, language, etc…
- Cookies advertising: display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc…
What are the cookies own and those of others?
The own cookies are generated by the page you are visiting and the third are generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable the cookies?
To understand the scope that may have disable the cookies shows some examples:
- You can not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- can not access the personal area of the web, such as My Account or My Profile or My Orders .
- Online Stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, they will be calling or visiting the physical store if you have one .
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam .
- No advertising may show sectioned, reducing advertising revenue from the web.
Can I remove the cookies?
Yes. Not only eliminate, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove the cookies a website must go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Settings cookies for more polulares browsers
Here’s how to access a cookie browser specific
Chrome . Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears top right.
- You’ll see different sections, click the Show advanced options .
- Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list with all the cookies ordered by domain appears. To make it easier to find the cookies a given domain partially or fully enter the address in the Search cookies.
- After making this filter will appear on screen one or more lines with the cookies the web requested. Now just select it and press the X to proceed to their elimination. To access settings cookies browser
Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.To access settings cookies browser
Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click Privacy.
- History choose Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the Accept cookies option, you can turn on or off according to your preferences.To access settings cookies browser
Safari OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy .
- In this place will see the Block cookies to fit the type of lock you want to perform.To access settings cookies browser
Safari iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings , then Safari.
- Go to Privacy & Security , you see the Block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform. optionTo access settings cookies browser for devices
Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press the Menu , then Settings key.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you see the Accept cookies to select or deselect the option box.To access settings cookies browser for devices
Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More , then Settings
- You can now enable or disable the Allow cookies box.